August 22, 2011

relaxation vacation...

Whew. I finally have a few minutes to sit down and relax...We leave for a 6 day vacation tomorrow and boy, has it been a zoo around here. Trying to get the house in order for the house/pet sitter.. I don't know about you, but I hate coming home to a messy house after being on vacation.. That, and wanting the house to be clean and fresh for our sitter..
I am looking forward to the next week.. so excited..a little anxious(I'm a nervous flyer) but I know the few short hours on a plane are worth it when I get to spend time with some of my very favourite people..remembering at least I have a travel partner this time..and that some of us are coming a lot further than my guy and I are.
Lots of catching up to do... eating good food.. walks on the beach... seeing old friends...shopping with 'the girls'... enjoying each others company to the fullest. It's not too often all of us are in the same place in the same time. These days are the days I look back and and treasure. They keep me going on my darkest days.
This card is the last in the set I made for Alexis...I kept it simple and themed... cameo's and butterflies..I am smitten with Waltzing mouse Cameo To Go and Cameo Builder sets..
A mix of items used here.. Melissa Frances and Girl's Paperie papers..french bookprint..seam binding..a handmade doily..Maya Road trinket pins..tea stained paper doily..some more of the fab sticky backed, embossed lacy trim from my mama. I love when the all come together nicely..
Not the greatest picture but there they are-in all their glory.. I'll try and pop in with a post or two while I'm away..
Until next time,
~Becks

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shabby creation!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards are so pretty love all the embellies you used....................

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS cards! Love em! May I ask what kind of envelope you use for them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beauty here, Rebekah. The sweet hearts with delicate little gems are precious ... I love them as a banner (something I don't do enough of). The crocheted doily is pure shabbiness peeking out from under lace and ribbon. The cameo is absolutely wonderful ... and as a button? I'm smitten! Even little heart pins with a tiny tag ... goodness, you think of everything! Thanks for always inspiring me to reach a little further and think a little deeper. Enjoy your days with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea why this post did not come up on my computer till today ... so I apologise for not leaving a comment earlier ... These cards are so very beautiful ... each and every one ... made with loving care ... and so detailed ... Have a wonderful holiday ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D