March 25, 2010

flutter by...


...butterfly. Hello from a drizzly, gray Thursday afternoon. To be honest, as much as I love a springy, warm, sunshine day; I also love being cozied up  inside when its raining out. There's something about a rainy day that screams movies and popcorn, snuggled with a special someone...So, in order to brighten up my day I decided to play along with the Moxie Fab blogs Tuesday Trigger. It's very spring-like and features one of my fave images..butterflies.. You can find the original inspiration photo here.

Here's my take on the photo..

As I mentioned it's an overcast day... I apologize for the photo quality.. not too much good lighting today.. I decided to mimic the plaid in the cute Easter dress.. Some Basic Grey papers,Maya Road little butterflies stamped on some pink paper, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder..(I used the stamp from the Bingo card stamp set.. how I love that set!) Used my Slice machine to cut out some butterflies of varying sizes.. a Tim Holtz grunge board swirl..it is glittery. Used my Shimmerz paints but it's hard to tell with the lighting...
Well that's about all I have for today... finally got my package in from Emma's Paperie.. lots of goodies to play with...Will be debuting my first ever mini album soon, now that I've got all the little bits and pieces, so stay tuned for that!
Have a good night peeps!
~Rebekah

10 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I think we both had the same idea with the butterflies and the sheet music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely is the word that came to my mind, too! So soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty - I love this take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Trigger Target shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the butterflies, the swirl, the paper... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Beautiful take for the Tuesday Trigger. I love how soft your card is and the embellishment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is perfect! The chipboard piece is gorgeous, love the butterfly with the music notes on it, the plaid paper just fits wonderfully! Congrats on the shout out at Moxie Fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much, rebekah! your card is so wonderful! you have a very sweet style-congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOD BECKIE YOU'RE SO POPULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D