March 18, 2014

winter blues...



I can't wait for spring. This winter is taking its toll... extreme cold temperature for longer than usual periods of time. The bright sunshine is the only reprieve from the bitter cold. It streams through my windows and fills the rooms with warmth and light. Thankful for the sunbeams.


Thinking spring I made these using some of my Curtsey Boutique goodies for a co-worker of mine, using my paper scraps. I often don't have the heart to throw away even the smallest of pretty paper scraps.  Two different versions, one with stitching and one using ric-rac. Pretty CB sequins add a pop of sparkle.


Some Basic Grey papers add an almost sky-like background. An added doily mimics the kite flying high in the clouds... Hope you like it:)
Before I go, a little song we used to sing on Good Friday, where our tradition was making paper kites and flying them all day long. Like stained glass windows in the sky...

Let's go fly a kite,
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite,
And send it soaring.
Up through the atmosphere,
Up where the air is clear
Oh, lets go fly a kite..
(From Mary Poppins)

Thanks for popping by!
~Becks

Curtsey Boutique supplies:
Turquoise Sequins

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the colours too! It's sunny here but not so warm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D