January 25, 2010

thinking of you...and a challenge too


 Hello friends!
What a wonderful morning I've had, fingers happily playing with bits and bobs, pretty papers, ink and stamps. I created this gem for a challenge issues by Melis over on her beautiful blog Her inspiration photo is a beauty. She supplies a link to the original blog, and let me tell you, its beautiful, inspirational, uplifting work. Just as Melissa's blog is for me. So I decided to play along, as I am in a rut creativity wise, and need a challenge or two...
I decided to pick up on the beautiful, creamy colours in the photo, the pinks, burgandy, cream, and white.

 If you look in the background of the photo on her blog, there's a hint of embossing on the fabric.. so I picked up on that for my card and used one of my fav new stamps(which I got from my sister..ohhh how she loves me and knows what I love!) to add some detail to the freehand shape nestled under the creamy ribbon...Hand stitched some cute little flowers from some edging I have lying around(I have oodles of edgings), added a mini lacy doily to the centre and topped it off with an antiqued pearl...be still my heart.. I love the effect of them..


 Voila! The complete card.. I fall more and more for K & Company papers.. so girlie, soft, muted colours...Mmmmm. Basic Grey paper peeking through in the background..and I have to mention and draw attention to my bow.. if you know me, I am all thumbs when it comes to tying pretty bows, but here I seemed to master it.. I'm proud of the way it came out.. my one pat on the back for myself. :)
Hope to get this in before the deadline..nervous over here... Melissa does some pretty amazing things with paper, stamps and bits and bobs.. my little contribution over here.
I hear snow is on the way this week..a nice little treat..as long as it leaves quickly.
Have a good night friends!
~Rebekah



4 comments:

  1. What a dreamy card...I love the white contrasted with burgandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really exquisite! Love the embossing and the hand made flowers! Absolutely LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited your blog last week for the first time. All I can say is.....I am impressed by your talent. What a beautiful card. Your style is very inspiring; thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D