September 2, 2013

halloween house...Crafty Secrets September Linky Party.


For this month's Crafty Secrets Linky Party I've gone with a Halloween theme and decorated a paper house using CD 4 - Creating with Vintage Halloween papers and Halloween Images and Journal Notes. The DT are sharing tutorials on all of their blogs today. Join us by creating something using Crafty Secrets products and link it up on the blog HERE to win a fabulous gift certificate to use at the Crafty Vintage Girl store.


First I started off with a paper house from Michaels. I covered it in a vintage white paint and once that was dry I added a layer of white glue and waited until it was just set but still tacky and painted over another layer of white to create a crackle finish.



Distress ink the sides to add some colour and then cut out all of the pieces for your house. I chose to use two different patterned papers but use what you wish. I had to make a template out of my pieces for another time.


 Once I had covered the roof with the spiderwebs paper to make my little window opening I used a triangle cut almost all the way in half and then curled up the sides to make it look like a window. You could have almost anything peeking out of the attic.






After all the panels are done I picked a couple great images from the Halloween Images and Journal notes and secured them with photo corners so I can change out the images as I wish.


Final touches include glittered buttons and some pumpkin alpha`s from the Halloween Vintage stickers to make a banner out of scraps of the papers for the house. My door is actually one of the tags from the Halloween tags paper, with an added black button.


And my final photo I promise... all decked out to hold my handmade Halloween cards which I`ll be sharing through out the week.


Make sure to play along with us this week. Every entry will get you a $6.00 gift card and the winner will win a $50 gift certificate to use in the store. Check out the rest of the DT are sharing this week:

Vicki Chrisman (Team Leader)

Michele Kovack

Darlene Pavlick

Melissa Bove

Sheila Rumney

Kathy Clement

Elizabeth Lincoln 


Have a great week!
Becks.

9 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. I love the papers you chose, and the fun little window you created. So many sweet details and beautiful craftsmanship. Thanks for the tip on how to create that gorgeous crackle finish. You can bet I will be using that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this altered house is AMAZING. Love it! The papers and images you used are perfect for this project. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous altered house and I hope you have a beautifully blessed week.
    Hugs,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great if they made these house shapes with a front that opened like a doll house so you could make spooky furniture to go inside. This is wonderful and very creative.
    Cheers, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be great if they made these house shapes with a front that opened like a doll house so you could make spooky furniture to go inside. This is wonderful and very creative.
    Cheers, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...love your gorgeous little box. TFS the tutorial on how your create the crackled look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to do the pictures so you can change them out. Love it.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebekah, your Halloween house with the paper and images is super cute and I love your tip for getting the crackle finish with white paint and glue.

    Great job!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love your Little Halloween House, or spook house! Is the roof real black buttons or is that paper? I can see a whole haunted village :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D