April 17, 2011

catch a falling snowflake...

Winter seems to have its grip on us here in the North. We had a few nice, sunny, Spring like days last week. Then old man winter let us know he was still around by giving us a few centimeters of snow.. covering the ground again. Showing us who's boss.
The last few days we have dipped back into the minuses. While walking the pup this morning large fluffy, light flakes fell from the sky. Slowly at first, one by one. I watched them drift and melt away. By the time we got back inside they were falling faster, and harder. It was wonderful to watch from the window. I remembered when the pup was a couple months old he would catch the falling snowflakes, opening his mouth wide.. snapping at them. A very cute sight to see him trying to eat the snowflakes. A part of me was a bit sad that maybe today was the last time we will see the snow fall before next winter. As much as I love summer, there's something about snow falling that puts me in such a calm place.
 Today I decided to enter another challenge site. They are getting quite addicting. Today I'm playing along with The Play Date Cafe, and one of their colour challenges. Here's the colour palette to work with:
I used kraft cardstock as a base.. been awhile since I've used kraft. Some green and white K&Company paper in the background. Sheer tan and brown ribbons..a cream Maya Road trinket pin and stamp. Chenile flowers and some pale brown buttons.. I apologize for the pictures today. Once again the camera and I are at odds. Can't seem to quite get the lighting right. Rearranging my craft room today may help that. We shall see.
This card was inspired by the talented Cherry, over at Cherry's Jubilee. She did an amazing neutral version of this.( Much better than my attempt.) I fell in love with hers at first glance. Take a peek at her blog. You will enjoy your visit there!
Well, I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. Up bright and early for a trip into the big city. Had to pop on and post this card, and pop it up on the challenge site.
Thanks for the visit,
~Becks
E.T.A Just saw that I was an Honourable Mention cup of tea over at The Shabby Tea Room for last weeks challenge.. oh happy dance!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful and shabby chic - gorgeous textures! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a serene beauty here Becks ... love the colour palette ... and your shabby flowers ... Well done on your honourable mention too ... YAY!! I hope Spring comes back to you soon but I know what you mean abut the magical feeling of seeing the snow fall ... I love the silence it brings ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your honorable mention! So weLl deserved!!

    And this card? STUNNING! I think I see another winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que belas cores e a cartela de bingo ficou ótima no conjunto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, I think your version is perfectly lovely! I like seeing all the elements you've put here. THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been away too long! There is so much beauty to see here - my goodness you have a talent for creating fabulous works of art. Thanks so much for sharing your talents ... Everything is just wonderful. I'm off to wander amongst your other recent posts - I can't wait to see what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those fabulous, shabby chic elements! Yum-O! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty, I just love all the lace & bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Shabby beautiful! I love the blooms and the lace and the touch of green in the PP! Your bow is so gorgeous--love love love everything about this card! LOOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about the snow...we are till gtting gusts of it too. Today was nice and sunny..cold but sunny lol. I am so honored you were inspired by me! LOVe your version...sooo beautiful! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! LOVE all that fabulous goodness and the soft romantic way you used the colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D