September 5, 2011

make believe...


As a kid I used to love playing dress-up. I remember my childhood friend had the best costumes- dresses and purses, heels and jewelry. We would dress-up and play make believe. 

Pretending we were adults with our 'cheque books' and play money in our wallets. Doing all sorts of tasks we believed were adult related; cooking and buying groceries..filling up our bikes with 'gasoline' at the gas station. Having a road course in the driveway and down the street.. Thoroughly enjoying being a kid.

That neighbourhood held all sorts of businesses. From our travel business to our fashion shop, the post office and the classroom; our imaginations ran wild with only a few objects to play along with. How being a kid has changed.

By far we loved playing dress-up and having tea parties; fake and real ones on occasion. So when I saw the challenge this week over at The City Crafter Challenge Blog I knew I had to enter. I used my free hand, drawn dress form and dolled it up with some fab new-to-me old trim my aunt gave to me, some pearls-always have to add pearls, and see that little cameo poking out there? It's one of the ones I was talking about in this post here. Actually, I must confess my guy made these type..he has more patience than me..these are made from a fab mold I got my mom and oven bake clay. How I love these little beauties.A special stick pin from my sweet friend Stella peeks out from behind the bow.
I am off to enjoy the last night with my BIL's and the sweet sunshine.
Be back soon,
~Becks
E.T.A Thanks to the CCCB DT for choosing me as a spotlight artist for week #72! Such an honour.

8 comments:

  1. Oh sooooooo LOVELY!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is shabby wonderful.. I love it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Becks ... my - your guy made the most beautiful cameo ... I love your soft tender style ... love your free drawn dress form ... totally gorgeous ... and your post really took me back to sweet days ...thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! how elegant :) did you make these cameos?? would you be selling them in your etsy??

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card....................love all the elements youo used

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story brought back some sweet memeries. Awe..... Lovey to reas and your card is breathtaking. I love it. I'm glsd to see you could use the pin and that cameo is priceless.
    Have a lovely day!
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, what a beautiful card! That cameo is stunning - I too have a mold but have never been able to figure out how to make such a beautiful two tone image. Yours is gorgeous! And the lace added to the dress form is pure genius ...with pearls too!

    Thanks for the walk down memory lane - I enjoyed the stroll. Pinky swear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D