November 14, 2011

clean mind, clear mind...

 E.T.A- This card was chosen as winner over at CCCB for week #82!!! Happy Dance :) Thanks so much to the DT for choosing my card! It's such an honour :)
 I spent the weekend reorganizing and cleaning my craft room.. it was to the point where I thought the floor had disappeared...do you get that way? Please tell me its not just me... I get so frustrated and run down creatively to see everything everywhere. Upended and hanging out of boxes and shelves, and I just can't concentrate or create.. every now and then I have to stop and clean up and clear away the clutter just to be able to breathe..a clean space equals a clear mind.

I will say that I had some 'help' in the state of my room lately...'help' in the form of a four-footed, Siamese mess maker..who loooves to climb up on my desk,(which is small to say the least)plonk herself down, and stretch right out- usually on top of my current project- and then proceeds to fall asleep.. great job little one... not so great for me. I usually end up working on my lap on a piece of cardboard.  Needless to say when she stretches out she generally pushes everything off the desk onto the floor.. I think its her way of getting back at me for lack of attention..

That being said I was able to go through and organize all of my bits and bobs...I put in a new shelf organizer into my closet cubby hole and really organized. I love the way it looks...everything put back in a proper place. Found all sorts of neat things I forgot I had; even found a bag I had brought back home in September from my trip and didn't put away. It was fun to rediscover all the goodies my aunt had given me.
 Just popping in with a mini thank you card I made for my friend Sandy for ordering her Christmas cards through me. Kept it pretty muted and used one of my cameos. *sigh* I can't get enough of them. Some of you have asked me to do a tutorial or asked how they are made. I use silicon molds and carefully set the white polymer clay into the mold and then layer over the background colour. It takes some practice to get just right and all in the right places, so no two are ever the same and they are all uniquely different from the last. I hope to have a bunch of cameos of all sizes up in the Etsy store soon.. Have some things to work on but fingers crossed they will be posted soon for anyone who likes them.
As usual just squeaking in to the challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog.. the theme is 'Thanksgiving'.. Here in Canada we celebrate it a good month before our American neighbours.. but it is fun to play along none the less..
Give them a check, I bet you get hooked into the challenges too..
Thanks for the visit!
~Becks

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow wow wow, this is GORGEOUS!! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Becks ... love your cameo ... and I know just what you mean about cats ... the trick is to put a cardboard box down and they love to go in that ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is breathtaking... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que maravilhoso!!! Parabéns por ser vencedora! Super merecido!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D