November 20, 2011

miles to go...


Who's woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.


The woods are lovely, dark, and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost

It sure seems like I have miles to go before I sleep. So much to do, so little time. I'm popping in today with the birthday card that I made for my aunt- the aunt who always brings such great goodies with her; for my mom and me. Just a short post today, sharing another of my favourite poems as a child. I haven't been around lately due to being asked to do a trade show about 13 days ago. It is this weekend and I've been scrambling to make some stock. I am excited..nervous.. skeptical that I will sell anything. It is for a good cause(the animal rescue group out here) and I was tickled that my guys co-worker asked me to do this(Hi Kristy!). I will have lots of pics to show you once its all said and done. So this might be my only post until after the weekend. SO looking forward to decorating the house for the holidays and getting holiday shopping over and done with.
Have a great week!
~Becks

3 comments:

  1. I can see why this is one of your favourite poems .. so lovely ... as is your card ... The banner is so adorable .. good luck with your fair ... sending a hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. Would you make one similar for me, and I will buy it from you on etsy? Or, directly through Paypal? Or, however you prefer? :) April ... abarnswell @ voyager.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. First congrats on the trade show! I hope it went well for you-please post and let us know. Your poem is beautiful as is your Aunt's birthday card. I love the banner! Happy holidays to you! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D