December 30, 2011

making the cut...

Once again the time has come to decide on what my 'one little word' will be for 2012. If you haven't heard of this before, it's the concept of finding(or letting one find you) one word to live by and keep close to you as you go through the upcoming year. Something to focus on in daily life. Something that speaks to you. Something to help enrich your life.

Over at CCCB this week the challenge is "make the cut",  and as I decided to play along this week it got me thinking about what words would make the cut for 2012. So many words have come to me over the last little while; less, more, grow, learn, do, live...

 
Hand cut banners out of scraps is pure love for me...
Great, meaningful words. For me they are all intertwined. I want to simplify in the new year. Less time and effort on the less important things in life; more time spent wisely; grow as a person, a sister, a daughter, a friend... Do more. No more saying 'one day' or "I'll get to whatever tomorrow." Live in the moment.

So, after some thought and mulling it over in my head my one little word for 2012 is: 'LEARN'
Fussy cut eggs decorated with half pearls remind me of batik eggs.
In so many aspects of my life this makes sense. This sums up what i want for 2012.  This is what I can apply to everyday:

Learn
...something everyday.
...to spend less time doing the things that I find clutter up my time.
(This goes hand in hand with 'more'. Which is why it made the list of OLW's. Spending more time doing what I love, or spending time with the ones I love.)
... to love more deeply. 
... to speak more kindly.
... to manage time wisely.
... to accept what I cannot change.
... to let go.
... to live simply.
... to enjoy the moment.

I welcome 2012 with open arms. I can't wait to see what it brings and where it takes me. I want to come back to this spot next year and see how I've grown. What I've learned.
Have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
It's going to be magical...
~Becks

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful....will have to come up with a word for me..happy new year, cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Becks ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... wishing you a wonderful New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and wonderful post, thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this is fabulous.. I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there ... just popping in to wish you a very Happy Anniversary!! Love that we have something in common ... have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!
    (You lifted the secret in your comment on Ros´ blog!)
    Greetings from Austria,
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebekah...Thank you so much for the info on the dies Cherry used!! How sweet of you to take the time! I ordered them right away! Hope I can return a favor for you sometime! Love this card with its soft details and colors, especially the pretty banner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D