February 1, 2012

you've got mail...


It's no secret that I have a soft spot for envelopes lately. I love tea staining them, shabby-ing them up, covering them in buttons..making wax paper ones..


I've used them on Christmas cards this year, love dressing them up and showcasing them front and centre. So when I saw the challenge over at one of my fave sites, City Crafter Challenge Blog, I knew I had to join the challenge!


I love making little envelopes..cutting them by hand..dipping them in tea. Is it easier to get a die and cut them? Possibly. I love cutting a pile and scoring them..folding them up and looking at them. Too much time paper crafting? Perhaps.. Truth be told I found the idea on Cherry's Jubilee blog and took off running.


I like the spring time feel of this one with its gorgeous green and the satin flowers. I'm loving the mild temps and weather of being back at home. Missing my fur babies, but not particularly in any rush to get back to the snow and cold of Saskatchewan. This card captures the feelings of spring for me.
Sending spring wishes your way!
~Becks
E.T.A This made the Spotlight Artist for week 94! Happy Dance:)

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful Becks ... who can resist the temptation of an envelope ... your card is gorgeous ... thank you for playing along with us again at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...and love the addition of the jingle bell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These soft muted colors - especially the green -is so spring-y....although not as cold as in your part of the world..it's freezing here too. And I just had it with winter:)
    This is heartwarming to look at; you did a terrific job!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you know I love them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. The lace along the bottom edge, the satin flowers and seam binding ... all bits of lushness. (Is that a word?) I especially love the gossamer flower on top of the bow - a precious find for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card! I love the whites! Especially love how you have a white jingle bell! A lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love everything about this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D