August 19, 2011

moon-catchin'....

I've made me a moon-catchin' net,
And I'm goin' huntin' tonight,
I'll run along swinging' it over my head,
And grab for that big ball of light.
So tomorrow just look at the sky,
And if there's no moon you can bet
I've found what I sought and I finally caught
The moon in my moon-catchin' net.
But if the moon's still shinin' there,
Look close underneath and you'll get
A clear look at me in the sky swingin' free
With a star in my moon-catchin' net.
                   -Shel Silverstein.

Reliving some of my favourite poems as a child lately. How I loved, and still love Shel Silverstein's weird and wondrous poems. It sparked my love of writing and reading..I'm an advocate of kids reading at a young age...there's nothing better than reading a good book.
Sharing another card in the set I made for my friend...Finally got around to using the frame I crackled in this post here. Using my new Waltzing Mouse stamps.. how I love the cameo sets..I can and will use them over and over again. There's something timeless about cameos. Different patterned papers...which fits with the theme over at The Shabby Tea Room this week...*polka dots* I have a 'thing' about polka dots.. love love love them! You can see them poking out in the background..just the right amount of polka dotty goodness.
I'm off to link this up and head to bed.. this night owl is ready to turn in...
Happy weekend!
~Becks

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely post ... love the poem ... and your card is beyond gorgeous ... love your frame ... your friend will be thrilled with this ... have a wonderful day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely GORGEOUS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and poem. My oldest daughter is named "Rebekah" too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shabby creation!!!! The cameo image is sooo elegant looking and I love the cracked frame!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so ... I read thru it three times. It's beautiful Becks. The crackle frame and cameo are a perfect combination. And that button is amazing. Funny how we paper crafters can get so excited about a button! This one is gorgeous!

    (I'll send you a note on the doily patterns to your gmail later today ... happy to share!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post and stunning card!! Love the Silhoutte! :-) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D